Tuesday, February 22, 2011

HOLD UP! It's National Margarita Day?


TIME TO CELEBRATE!
Change all of your plans. Time to celebrate this glorious day known
as National Margarita Day : February 22nd, 2011!

Let me take a moment to thank this wonderful drink... 
•You've gotten me through some amazing times with my girlfriends
•You've given me blush on my cheeks when I've needed a little "red"
•You've been there for the fun times, but you've brought some bad times (day after)
•You go hand in hand with chips and salsa
•Your glass that you come in is absolutely fabulous
•You give me the courage to say what I want, sometimes this is a bad thing
•Salt around a rim? YES PLEASE
•You taste amazing...

Here's to you Margarita! May February 22nd never be the same!



A little Margarita History:
There are dozens of people who claim to be the creator of the first margarita drink. One of whom is a bartender named Willie from Mexico City. He says that in 1934 he concocted the drink for his friend, Marguerite Hemery (whom he named the drink after).

Salvador Negrete is another man who claims to be the inventor of margaritas. The day before his brother's marriage in 1936, Salvador presented the margarita cocktail as a wedding present to Margarita (his sister-in-law). There are various other stories of the drink's invention, but the true identity of the tequila master remains unknown.

No comments:

Post a Comment