Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Facebook Changed My Life!

Facebook Changed My Life... in a BIG way!


I used to think Facebook only stirred drama and it was only good for "cyber-stalking" or as I like to call it, "browsing." I've had my fair share of Facebook drama, I think everyone has, from someone quoting something you've said on someone's wall and creating problems out of it, to relationship drama, girl drama, even as far as to say that it's created ridiculous rumors! Well, I now know that Facebook can be used for good, and it's a great way to reach after your dreams... And, That's what I did!

Thank you Mark Zuckerberg and thank you for creating the pages app so that I could send my dream out to my friends/family/loved ones and those who support me!

Here's My Facebook Story:
I was driving to work one day when I heard that a girl on 2 girls and a guy (the young party girl) was leaving the show to go up to DC for a new promotion on another station, immediately, I said to myself, I WANT THAT JOB! AND I'M GONNA FIGURE OUT A WAY TO GET IT! I was seriously unhappy in the job that I was working at the time, stuck behind a computer, answering the phone, designing things that just weren't "ME." I wanted a job where I could be me and love it and talk and share my interests and joys with people. EXACTLY what this new job could do for me!

I jumped on FACEBOOK the day after the big announcement (I didn't want to jump into the seat too fast, gotta give the old girl a chance to get through the excitement of leaving and moving forward with her career). I created a fan page called Two girls and a guy Need Kelly G! I've been called Kelly G all my life, Gukanovich is just too much of a mouthful and well, Kelly G has a good ring to it :-)
Right away I started adding videos of me as a young Charleston socialite, pictures of me and my girlfriends, uploaded videos of me talking so that Mike and Tanya could hear what I had to offer. Everyday my fans grew and grew, I went from 80 fans to 500 fans in the next few weeks. A few days later after I made the page and the excitement of people noticing my page started to happen, there I was... sitting at my computer, and I got a notification... A notification that changed my "dream" into somewhat of a reality... "MIKE THEGUY HAS COMMENTED ON YOUR STATUS" AHHHHHH He told me how he loved the initiative and wanted to meet me soon. Then the next thing I knew, I was scheduled for an audition... The rest is history!

Now, here I am... Kelly G on 2 girls and a guy in the morning on 95sx Hit Music Now!
Kelly G 2GG on Facebook

Facebook Changed My Life and I have Mark Zuckerberg and his crazy dreams to thank. One dream makes so many more... Thank you! I'm the happiest I've ever been!

In Facebook we trust ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment