Sunday, February 27, 2011

The 83rd Annual Academy Awards...Kelly G Style!

On the most important night in Hollywood, my internet decides to crap out for an hour... Of course, after my nerd-like qualities kicked in and fixed the issue, I'm back! And Wow! I'm in awe!

83 years of Oscar. My grandmother was born in 1929, I can't even begin to think what it's like to have been around for that long, plus to be around to witness all the great movies over that amount of time. Here goes nothing... Happy Academy Awards Night!




The Opening
James Franco and Anne Hathaway did a wonderful job with the opening video, they were pretty funny, and I think Anne Hathaway has completely beaten out James in the funny, beautiful and outgoing qualities! What a girl. I mean, if I liked girls, she'd be exactly like Justin Timberlake is to me right now. AMAZING, SEXY, HOT, TALENTED aka I want him. But... I like boys and Justin Timberlake will always be my celeb wanna-do (n. a celebrity that you want to sleep with, an exception to the rule, you can sleep with him/her without getting in trouble with your significant other, or just a celeb you want to do, if you're single)
Anne Hathaway looks stunning in her white dress, James Franco could use a little hair job, he looks a little messy. But Messy is hot these days right? Is there a possibility that he's high right now? Cuz I'm pretty sure his eyes are showing it, he only opens them when he's talking lol

Kirk Douglas gave away the Oscar for Best Supporting Actress and holy moly, he was hilarious. What a funny old man. He was funny, endearing, and he looked like he would have stayed up there all night if he wanted to. He even went on to say that he would never forget that moment. He asked why Anne Hathaway wasn't around when he was making pictures, cuz she is gorgeous, she blushed! It was a really cute moment. He was about to open the envelope for best supporting actress and stopped with a "Ya know?"... TWICE haha it had the crowd laughing and the women up for the award antsy!

Melissa Leo from THE FIGHTER won best supporting actress and yes, like any classy fighter lady, she dropped the F BOMB while accepting her award. In that moment, I fell in love. p.s. I want her dress! Congrats Melissa! (I picked Amy Adams to win for this, at least I got the movie part right)

One of my favorite moments of the night... you may think it's lame but I'm sooooo gonna talk about it.
HOW HOT DID JUSTIN TIMBERLAKE LOOK?!?!?!?!?! Ahhhhhh when he walked out on stage, I got 4 text messages from girlfriends saying "There's your man!" Yeah, I'm kinda obsessed and I make sure everyone knows. So shoot me. Well, Justin came out on stage to give out the Best Animated short and feature film award with Mila Kunis and I'm kinda upset at how great they look together. Jessica Biel better watch out. Mila and Justin look like a pretty hot couple, and Jessica, I'll help you take her down if you need me to. But I might end up hurting you as well ;-) maybe all those rumors of them hooking up are true!

And yes, Toy Story 3 won for Best Animated Feature Film :-) YAY PIXAR!... p.s. I didn't know that Steve Jobs was part of Pixar. That man just does it all now doesn't he?


James Franco came out in a red dress after Anne's awesome singing performance about how Hugh Jackman wouldn't perform with her, that girl can SING! anyway, in his red dress, hair, lipstick, heels, he made a Charlie Sheen joke!  "Weird part is I just got a text message from Charlie Sheen!" Wow. He makes an ugly chick, but I'm sure Charlie would be game as long as he's toasted right? Wait, that's all the time!

Russell Brand is annoying but god do I love him. He's pretty freaking hilarious, Katy, I'll borrow him anytime you need a break, I imagine you do!! He gave away the Best foreign language film award with Helen Miren!

Best Supporting Actor was given out by Reese Witherspoon. She looked great!
YES I WAS RIGHT!!!!! Christian Bale won BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR! I get one point! Wait, he needs to get rid of that beard, but hey british accent... I'm in love :-) He was the second to drop a joke about Melissa who "dropped the F bomb" during her acceptance speech!

I'm not gonna lie, there is a part of the Oscars that just bores me. The part with the guys who they thanked for being super smart and intelligent in cinematography, and then of course, stoned James Franco said "Thanks nerds!" what? really? that happened! Anyway, this part is boring to me too James Franco but I'm not going to call these men and women who make our movies, nerds. Can we just get to Best Actress and Best Actor? Oh and then finish it up with a great Best Picture Award! K thanks :-)

Best Costume Design, that's kinda interesting. Alice and Wonderland won for best costume design and I couldn't agree more, that movie had more funky and fun prints than the pillow aisle at World Market! Congrats Alice and Wonderland, you're taking them home tonight!

I've missed Mandy Moore and she did a great job singing for her song in "Tangled." Her dress was beautiful, she looks great in that sapphire blue with her long brown hair off to the side. That was a good moment! :-)

Jake Gyllenhaal and Amy Adams came out to present the Best Short Film. I have to say, Jake looked great, Amy, not so much. I'm not loving her glitter blue dress and diamond studded necklace, it was a little too much and she looked a lot older than she really is... Not a fan. Moving on.

Oprah Winfrey, one of my favorite women of all time, came out to present the award for Best Documentary of the Year. How is it that someone can be that much more famous than these amazing actors and actresses? I just started thinking, who doesn't know who Oprah is? And, is it possible that most of the actors and actresses in the audience get more starstuck and excited to see her when she comes out on stage than they would if it was a fellow actor? Maybe they just want to be on her show to promote themselves and their movies and they get excited and want her to know they love her? Ahhhh I got ahead of myself. Either way, I don't care. She's awesome and I would love to meet her one day, she amazes me on how she got to where she is today :-)

Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law... Hey now, white tie and white bow tie. Jude Law needs to stop licking his lips... that's just weird, that's the 5th, no wait, 7th time he's done it so far, oh wait, there he goes again... I'll stop :-)

Absolutely IN LOVE with Anne's red dress! It's stunning! Best dress of the night, SO FAR ;-)

Meanwhile, on the red carpet, some leading ladies wore red tonight... who wore it best? I gotta stick with Anne Hathaway, however, I think the red dress she wore on the show, was much hotter!


Gwenyth Paltrow just needs to give up... please, for the sake of music? Pretty please? She just looks like she's trying too hard, or trying out for American Idol, one of the two right? I'm disappointed in the people who are telling her she's good enough to do this stuff. I'm not a fan of her musically. The End.

Ahhhhhh the Oscar greats who we lost this past year. Always a tear-jerker. I'll skip my commentary and just take it all in. 

"listen to your mother" had to add that one from the best director acceptance speech. Go King's Speech!

The BEST PICTURE: KING'S SPEECH!
I wanted Social Network to win, but I'm completely fine with this. This movie deserved it! Congrats to the King's Speech!

I'm Kelly G and that's your Oscars Run-Down! If you want to add anything just comment below :-)
XoXo
Kell

No comments:

Post a Comment